Welcome to the ‘Bridgetown in the Winter’ Festival Website
June, July, August 2017
Welcome to the ‘Bridgetown in the Winter’ Festival Website.
The winter festival is held June through to August every year, in the picturesque Blackwood Valley township of Bridgetown … the winter capital of Western Australia. Begun in 2011, the festival seeks to celebrate the town’s people, businesses, history and lifestyle through – art, culture, music, food, exhibits and events. During the twelve week programme, there is certain to be something on to entertain and excite every member of the family.
Known for its cool, crisp misty mornings, rolling green hills and the warmth of country hospitality, Bridgetown is an ideal location to rest, relax and take in some of the winter activities on offer or if you prefer, sitting beside a roaring fire keeping toasty and warm.
You can download a FULL LIST of the events and activities on offer here – [ 2017 – PROGRAMME OF EVENTS ]
Some of the events on offer this year include:
For Little Kids
• Feed the farm animals at Lucyville Farm
• Make felt Christmas decorations at Sew Gentle Era
• Play a game of Lazer Mayhem at Maranup Ford
For Big Kids
• Indulge in a Truffle Tasting Board at Emporium Bistro
• Learn how to make a Trug at The Ashbil Community Garden
• Paint that nude you’ve always wanted to at a B-Pop Life Drawing session
• Make the perfect tart, flan or pie at Little Hill Farm
• Visit artists in residence at Donnelly River Mill (and hand feed the emus and kangaroos)
• Get down and dirty at the Maranup Ford Mud Fun Run
• Cosy up round the fire on Fridays with live music at The Cidery
• Get ahead of the Christmas shopping at the Bridgetown River Markets
Light up the Night! Official Opening of the Festival – Saturday 3rd
BYO Christmas in July Dinner @ Ford House – Saturday 17th
South West Open Chess Championships’ – Saturday 17th and Sunday 18th
Opening of the Archie’s Art Exhibition – Friday 23rd
Pinwheel Quilting Workshop – Saturday 24th
Rory Faithfield live at The Cidery – Friday 30th
Pop Up Life Drawing Class with live models – Saturday 1st
Sunnyside Sprint Race – Saturday 8th & Sunday 9th
Sourdough Workshop – Saturday 15th July
Winter Craft Fair – Saturday 29th
Blake in the Blackwood Poetry Awards – Sunday 30th
Greenbushes Art Trail Opening – Friday 4th
Winter Comfort Food – Tarts, Flans and Pies at Little Hill Farm – Sunday 6th
Taste of the Blackwood – Saturday 12th
Banquet on the Bridge – Long Table Lunch – Sunday 13th
How to smoke Produce Workshop – Saturday 26th
… So why not pack your woollies and come visit us in … simply beautiful Bridgetown.
Looking for accommodation?